This question is always being asked : What task type should I use, I wrote two posts earlier about only this topic, you can refer to these posts to get a clear idea about what I am talking about, here are the links for those posts
Now in this post I will only give examples to illustrate the different types of MS Project 2007 Tasks Types
- The football match will take 90 minutes to finish
- Flying from Kuwait to Amman will take 1:30 hour to complete regardless of the number of the passengers inside and regardless of the number of aircrafts flying at the same time
- The woman will take 9 months to deliver, you cannot divide this work for two resources (she and her girl friend)
- You are required to enter 2000 records into an application, each record will take 5 minutes and you will pay (or get paid) per record.
- You are required to floor 100 square meters of one building, each square meter will take 30 minutes.
- You want to install Windows XP on 100 boxes, each box will take 1 hour and you need to pay (or get paid) per each installation.
- You want 1 developer to work 8 hours (100% or full day only) to develop a program
- You need 5 developers and each to work 20% of their capacities to complete the program
- You need 5 developers to work 8 hours a day (100% each) to complete the program
- You need 1 developer to work 4 hours a day (50% or half timer) to complete the program