In this post I will explain the steps required to make your Database Server (I am talking about SQL 2000) ready for MS Project 2007 Cube Building
1) Verifying and Installing Analysis Services SP4
- From Control Panel ==> Add Remove Programs ==> Microsoft Sql 2000 Analysis Services ==> Click here for support information, make sure that the SP version is 8.00.2039
- If the SP4 is not installed proceed with next step, otherwise you can leave now🙂
- Go to the Microsoft (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=86989).
- Download the Analysis Services Components (download file: SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE).
- When you run the download, you are prompted to select a location for saving the file. After specifying the location, click Next. The files will be extracted to this location.
- Click Finished.
- Browse to the location you specified on the server and run \msolap\install\Setup.exe.
- Follow the directions that appear to complete the installation of the service pack.
2) Adding the Queue service account to the OLAP Administrators group
- From the Start menu, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- In Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups and then click the Groups folder.
- Double-click the OLAP Administrators group to open the properties page.
- In the properties page, click Add.
- On the Select Users, Computers, or Groups page, in the Enter Object Names to select box, enter the Windows user account under which the Queue Service is running. Click OK.
- In the OLAP Administrators property page, click OK
3) Granting the OLAP Administrators group permissions to the SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services components
- Using windows Explorer, browse to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Bin" or what is ever you installation folder for Microsoft Analysis Services
- Right click on bin folder
- Select "Properties"
- Select Security tap
- Click on Add to add the OLAP Administrators and give this group a Full Control permissions
- Click on Apply, then Ok
4) Grant permissions to the SQL Server Analysis Services service account to access the Project Server Reporting database
- From the Start menu, select Programs, select Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Enterprise Manager.
- In Enterprise Manager, expand Microsoft SQL Servers, SQL Server group, and the server.
- Expand the Security folder, right-click Logins, and then click New Login.
- On the properties page, in the General tab, enter the Windows Authenticated account for the user running the SQL Server Analysis Services service.
- Click the Database Access tab.
- Enable Permit for the Project Server Reporting database(s).
- In the Permit in Database Role section, enable db_datareader permissions for the Project Server Reporting database(s).
- Click OK